Wednesday, April 30, 2014

get off my lawn... !

Charles M. Schulz, it turned out, was a bit of a curmudgeon who isolated himself from friends and family, perhaps best illustrated when he said thru his avatar Linus Van Pelt, "I love humanity. It's people I can't stand!" I pondered this as I had an exchange recently on Twitter with a woman offering one of those soporific thought-munchies about expecting others to do unto you as you would do unto them, a reversal on the biblical golden rule from the Sermon on the Mount (I think), and which she's now deleted, wonder of wonders. My response was a simple: "But what if one is a misanthrope?" It was one of my many attempts at humor, but it also made me wonder subsequently if I wasn't in fact a misanthrope... or just a curmudgeon.

Food4thought!

No comments: