Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Oh No He Dittn't... !!

Tom Cruise makes me miss Michael Jackson:
TOM Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission..to eat his new baby's placenta.

Cruise vowed he would tuck in straight after girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth, saying he thought it would be "very nutritious".

The Mission Impossible star, 43, said: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there."
Just shared this with a colleague. "You know," she mused, "it probably is very nutritious. Animals do that all the time in the animal kingdom. Cats and dogs do it mid-birth to sustain and fortify themselves... "

I sensed a 'but' coming along and prompted, "But... ?"

"But that's nasty!"

----------
Update: Jon Stewart said on The Daily Show last night that Cruise is now saying it was meant in jest, even as major dailies were printing it as news. Particularly so, Stewart grinned widely as he pondered the position Cruise is in having to repeatedly deny he meant it.

1 comment:

Naahm Deplume said...

yuck! That is beyond comprehension. I heard of burying it for spiritual reasons, but eating it???? Ehewwww