Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Wrapping The Mind Around

Maddening as the Dem's so-called strategy for retaking Congress from the evil-doers is, I just had a moment of clarity about it -- or perhaps it was madness, and is that dependent upon the particular alternative-reality i find myself inhabiting? I believed, for the moment, the strategy to be correct, that is if one can define it as some kind of political jiu jitsu. This imagined plan is predicated on keeping the Republicans front & center and under the kleig lights, while offering them ever more rope with which they can only become hopelessly entwined and left twisting in the wind. Meanwhile, the Dems play understudy, just offstage and ready to assume the lead role when the time comes.

For the longest time, I thought it madness, and will doubtlessly again. The method is too familiar and sickeningly typical of this invertibrate species known as Democrat, the very same species that has no natural defenses and is now running in dwindling numbers.

Meanwhile, the Republicans cannot possibly keep screwing up.

And yet they do.

And gahd bless 'em for it.

Even so, I'd rather see an organized and progressive mob assaulting the White House gates with fire, catapults, and a battering ram, and for no other reason than to have cause to pound my chest with a primordial yowl.

Meanhile, I'll take an understated pleasure in the efforts of the lone ranger unmasked: Russ Feingold and his censure motion. It's a time-bomb... and well-timed it is. Watch now as the people pass by in slow-motion, as the fuse slowly burns. I expect a neat little explosion and pray it brings the walls of mendacity down around their heads.

And then I woke up...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»