Friday, February 24, 2006

Cozy Perch, That

Bill Maher's back on, thank Christ. Here's a snippet:
New Rule: If churches don't have to pay taxes, they also can't call the fire department when they catch fire. Sorry, Reverend, that's one of those services that goes along with paying in. I'll use the fire department I pay for; you can pray for rain.

Oh, I'm going to get letters on that one.
The beauty is, of course, nobody high up in the food-chain as Maher -- nobody (Carlin doesn't have a weekly show) -- is brave enough to take swipes at the church, or does it as well as he.

I want my HBO!

1 comment:

Naahm Deplume said...

Fine with me, but won't the liberals howl over that one? After all, most churches (if you adhere to christian teaching) are or should be liberal. Or are liberal by association, like black churches. And lately, some have developed a nasty habit of becoming combustible. What would the Post/Inquirer/Globe say about not putting out their embers?