Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Weatherman Gets It Right

10 inches is my estimate. No no, not the usual self-evaluation and corresponding gratification. No, not this time. More like the once-every-4-years snow-dump, par for the course in New England, as I recollect and rarely miss, but much rarer in these parts.

The car is buried and the street remains unplowed, so I walk for my breakfast, something I ought to do every day I reckon, would that I the time, particularly so when my usual 30-minutes of treadmill is converted into 75 minutes of traversing snowy terrain.

Now back from Tysons Mall; just cleaned the bathroom, Eartha Kitt, with Allison Krauss to follow, on the CD Player, the remainder of the merlot in my glass, and I'm cool.

Enjoy your Sunday.

3 comments:

Naahm Deplume said...

12 inches here in the Blue City of Philadelphia. Car is not buried (as a Republican, I believe in self sufficiency) and going was slow around here, but quite passable with all-wheel drive. Kid is at day care, I repaired my shower stall, and now I am kicking back with my favorite radical blog.

Barking Up Trees said...

as a Republican you ought to be able to articulate the belief that "social darwinism" meets "jesus h. christ" and is not an absurd contradiction in terms...

Barking Up Trees said...

oh, but do keep kicking back w/your favorite, uhm, "radical" blog... ;)