Friday, June 09, 2006

"The Logical Song" by Supertramp

When i was young
It seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees
Well they´d be singing so happily
Oh joyfully, oh playfully watching me

But then they sent me away
To teach me how to be sensible
Logical, oh responsible, practical
And they showed me a world
Where i could be so dependable
Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world´s asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won´t you please, please tell me what we´ve learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who i am

Now watch what you say
Or they´ll be calling you a radical
A liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Oh won´t you sign up your name
We´d like to feel you´re
Acceptable, respectable,
oh presentable, a vegetable!

At night when all the world´s asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won´t you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who i am,

who i am,

who i am,

who i am...

4 comments:

Naahm Deplume said...

Who are you? Another pissed-off Democrat, unhappy about the chaos in your life, who cannot believe that lesser beings are running the country and having children.

Of course, I felt the exact same way about a lot of the democratic constituencies.

Oh well. Can't live with 'em; can't kill 'em.

Barking Up Trees said...

the lesser beings... ? hmm, i mean it HAD t've been a repo who coined the phrase "the great unwashed"... no... ?

but again (if u'd only pay attention 4 once, counselor), i haven't been a democrat since '90; before that i was republican...

try a third dimension in your arguments, the jury's noddin'...

Bayridge Baby said...

I know the guy who wrote this song... would love to see him play again..

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»