Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The State of American Journalism Today

The suspicion's been brewing for at least a decade (i.e., since Monica & Bill), but the realization now is that the elite of the American free press is in the tank for big business and the GOP, and is doing its level best to undermine what is left of our democracy.

But even so, if you can't trust the Associated Press...
There was nothing about this sorry episode that deserved praise or reward, even in an informal newsroom way. It's hard to see the AP in the same light again. But it does renew my sense of why we [bloggers] do what we do and reminds me of the essential corruption of much of the national political press. Washington's a funny place.
Except I ain't laughing; and "funny," as in "strange" just doesn't begin to cover the repugnance of it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»