Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Kaine For Governor

Did my civic duty this morning, voting for not the Republican. Added a little zest to the festivity too, I protested the touch-screen e.voting system in place here and throughout Fairfax county. Four poll-workers were sitting behind the table, and four behind them in hi-chairs, a reception committee with a look not unlike a SCOTUS group-photo, with an otherwise empty gym (proud of our democracy am I) as the locale, all sitting amused or bemused by my somewhat self-indulgent projection. Heck! I could've been dreaming, it was that weird.

"Those things," I quietly but vociferously ranted as I pointed at the machines, "are why we have war criminals running our country!" I sensed a couple of them twitch at that; must've been Republicans but who cares, right?! 'Course if I get a knock on my door at 9 p.m. tonight by a coupla dark suits & sunglasses, I'm out the trap door in the back.

The woman on the end helpfully handed me a scratchpad, indicated w/precinct information at the top, for allowing me to submit my complaint on paper. I did the same thing last year during the Presidential reselection, and received a pro forma 'why we do the things we do' letter with an assurance 'the system is safe & secure' from the rubber stamp on the county board.

Had I those board pant-loads on my public access show in the 90s , why I'd like to have oughta... !!

No comments: