Saturday, November 19, 2005

M$M Today

Here's a tidy summary, complete with bullet points, of how the Bush administration has been waging a secret war on the side, and one far better planned at that; only it's on the media:
In his famous opinion in the 1945 Associated Press v. US case, Justice Hugo Black said that "the First Amendment rests on the assumption that the widest possible dissemination of information from diverse and antagonistic sources is essential to the welfare of the public, that a free press is a condition of a free society." In other words, a free press is the sine qua non of the entire American Constitution and republican experiment.
Good for a quick reference. Print out a copy, and the next time some wanker bawls about "the liberal media," you can roll it up and smack 'im upside his stupid head.

He said with a smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi.. I'm not a spambot. I stumbled on your blog a couple of weeks ago and now I'm a faithful reader. I seem to always agree with you and you've pointed me in the direction of some good stuff. This post today is excellent and I will, indeed, carry that info around with me for some good head smackin'.

Good work!