Tuesday, July 10, 2007

my kingdom for a pair of headphones...

Did the Karaoke thing for the first time last night at Uno in Harvard Square. First choice, but unavailable in the D.J.'s inventory, was "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" by The Four Seasons. So I opted on The Drifters' "Under The Boardwalk".

Acquittal! Nice round of applause, even though I was thrown off-key a coupla times. Damn Deej cranked the music while keeping the mike volume a little too low, such that a body had to really belt it out to hear himself (ergo, the post headline). It may not have been cognitive, but it was certainly dissonance.

Anyhoo, that's another checkmark on one of my life's ambitions. Now if I can only learn the guitar, I won't need the D.J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I hung out there, I stuck to trying to get laid, not singing. Was reasonably successful too.

Weird moment once at the bar in Uno's. I was sitting there with my diminutive then-girlfriend Debbie on my lap when in walked a woman who was a friend in high school many years prior, and whom I secretly lusted after. She was surprised and pleased to see me; her girlfriend was considerably less pleased. Explains why first base with her always seemed a theoretical possibility at best.

Commander Guy Deux