Friday, October 12, 2007

the wknd that was...



Blessed are New Englanders, if for no other reason than for its sports teams, which have served as a grand paliative, providing a distraction from the everyday trials & tribulations of living a life of quiet desperation, from having to witness the wanton and vile corruption of our federal government and our society as a whole, the rampant lawlessness of the haves and much less so of the have-nots.

And then it occurred: Must really suck being a New York fan these days!

Graphic courtesy of The Boston Herald

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You calling me rampant and lawless?

You must, because Al Gore and the Dems consider me a "have."

Funny thing, because I seem to be missing my "have" dividends.

On sports, I will ordinarily take two out of three, but I surely wish that one of them was a Red Sox win. The pain, the pain.

And I speak from experience -- the NY fans are hating life right now.

CG2