Monday, October 01, 2007

file under "christ, jesus h."

Jeffrey Toobin illustrates the sky as indeed falling:
Mr. TOOBIN: You know, I went to a speech that Justice Scalia gave at a synagogue here in New York a couple of years ago, and someone asked him, `What's the difference between your judicial philosophy and Justice Thomas?' I thought a very good question. And Scalia talked for a while and he said, `Look, I'm a conservative. I'm a texturalist. I'm an originalist. But I'm not a nut.' And I thought that...
GROSS: Meaning that he thinks Thomas is one.
Mr. TOOBIN: Well, that was certainly the implication.
GROSS: Mm-hmm.
Mr. TOOBIN: It was pretty amazing. I mean, Thomas is well outside the mainstream, even of the conservatives on the court.
And who else knew Scalia, the Tony Soprano of the judiciary, wasn't a nut?

(Mental Note: NOT... a nut!)

No comments: