Sunday, February 10, 2008

grand state of maine...

Ah, well! Having belched out my latest conspiracy theory in the previous post, I am most pleased to link to:
A huge victory for Obama in Maine. Final results still to come, but it's a landslide."
Welcome to Hillary's lost weekend!

----------
Update: Maine's turnout is described as "incredible." Could it be the excitation of making history with these choices for nominee? Or could it also be what we'd get more readily if we moved elections from Tuesday to Sunday nationwide?

Anyways:
The state's Democrats overlooked the snowy weather and turned out in heavy numbers for municipal gatherings.
It was snowing here in Western Mass today. It was blustery and bitter. Almost invariably, meanwhile, the snowfalls in Maine are heavier and more insufferable. So as I've already had to deal with my heaviest winter in years, while staying for a few weeks in Brunswick, that is after my stay in the hospital, I must say I've grown to appreciate what it means to be a Maineiac this time of year. They are a stout-hearted lot with big ol' rubber boots!!

Makes this expatriate Maineiac mighty proud! Ayuh!

No comments: