Sunday, December 25, 2005

Mainelining For The Holiday

My dear but elderly mother doesn't want me playing on her computer as she knows so little about the internet and naturally assumes I do too, so I've stopped asking if I can check my email and now wait for her to nap.

The DVD-player, whose cost I split w/Brotherman the Elder, was a big hit. At first she was daunted by the sterile schematic on the sealed box: "Oh!" was the response I believe.

After brotherman hooked it up, then showed her some preliminary stunts w/buttons on the remote, she warmed up considerably. Now she wants to go to Wal-Mart to buy her first DVD. I'm trying to educate her on the heinous ways of the Walton family while furiously browsing Google for the nearest Costco or at least anyplace not named Wal-Mart that carries a video disc, the MVC adult-store down the road notwithstanding.

Oh, she just woke up and Brotherman's back from his stroll, or he must be 'cause the dog's, like, totally freaking. Better go.

Happy Holidays, Happy Chanukah, Merry Xmas, Season's Greetings... !

or (e) all of the above.

No comments: