Sunday, September 03, 2006

they don't call it labor day for nothin'...

Brother made a right fine breakfast and he keeps a tidy house. Vermont is a strange land and yet so familiar to me, having spent the lion's share of my 80s in western Massachusetts just south of the border.

And speaking of Mass., we're off to younger Brother's later today, that is after we have a stroll downtown in this continued drizzle, and thank you for that Ernesto. Brotherman the Younger recently installed a pool and has expressed an interest in putting his elders to work in the yard. Right, I drive 365 miles to roto-till. So I'm fine with a steady rain that would preclude extended yard work.

But another cup of coffee, in town then, if you please, and before we trundle off to the Bay State.

4 comments:

Spared said...

I'd love to move up there. The allure of sunny south fla. is lost on me at this point. Take pics. Convince me to get outta here...

Barking Up Trees said...

best pics would be autumn foliage, and vermont is plum gorgeous... as is maine, new hampshire, and western massachusetts...

goddamn, i'm gettin' all sniffley...

Spared said...

So post 'em hombre.

Barking Up Trees said...

returning in october...