Friday, September 01, 2006

the wknd...

Tooling to Vermont early in the morning. Gotta rather enjoy an extended weekend fresh off a vacation in California; the comparison of having New Year's so soon after Christmas. Heck, let's just have a four-day weekend every other -- at least once a month!

Seeing the Brother in VT, and then we both drive to the Brother in MA; seeing there as well the Mom and the Sister in PA, although Sister in VA won't be joining. Brother in MA just installed a pool, so it's gonna be a party.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Fantasy Football Draft the other night... my team:

QBs
Tom Brady, NE
Drew Brees, NO
Mark Brunell, Wash

RBs
Cadillac Williams, TB
Reggie Bush, NO ®
Jamal Lewis, Bal
Laurence Maroney, NE ®

Recs
Terrel Owens, Dal
Hines Ward, Pit
Joe Horn, NO
Jeremy Shockey, NYG
Deion Branch, NE
Ben Watson, NE

Ks
Adam Vinatieri, Indy
Ryan Longwell, Min

Defenses
New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens
Denver Broncos

Looks pretty good, except it's only an 8-team league and some of the other teams look good too. I drafted best player available, or so from my perspective, to stock my starting lineup, then loaded up on Pats players for my bench; gotta wanna root for my team as I root for my fantasy team, eh?

My number one pick was Cadillac Williams at #6. Could have had any number of the 2nd-tier runners not named Alexander, Tomlinson or Johnson. Cadillac, before he got hurt mid-way last season, was well on his way to a monster rookie year, so I liked him of that lot. Reggie Bush was my #2, and Tom Brady (who, mark my words, will be President of the U.S. one day, albeit a likely Repo) at #3.

When it came time to take a receiver, the best available made me cringe: T.O. Guess I can't root for him to cleat his johnson this season -- unless he can still catch & run that way, then by all means.

6 comments:

Spared said...

One of the other account managers at my office wants me to participate in a fantasy football something or other. I haven't the slightest idea how this works. Do I actually have to WATCH the grown men tackle each other over a ball or can I cliff notes this thing and check out stats or something?

Barking Up Trees said...

well, every woman i talk to who say they watch football do so because they "love to look at those tight butts"...

conversely, then, i would suppose your acct mgr wants you in fantasy football so he can check out your ass...

i could be wrong...

Spared said...

No, I just happen to handle some of the big accounts for the office where the decision-makers are testosterone -loaded males and he figures it's a good way for him to bond with them. (There's always an alternative agenda in office politics G.)

I seriously doubt he wants to watch my ass, considering I'm 6 months pregnant right now and maternity clothes are as sexy as an episode of Murder She Wrote.

The way fantasy football works at the office is we get a list every Tuesday with the options for the games, we pick, and depending on who wins or not, gain points until the end of the season. It's for bragging rights only though.

I'm not really a "tight butt" kinda a girl. I 'll take a guy who can tell a funny joke or knows the difference between Bronte and Bronson over a a guy with rigid glutes any day.

Barking Up Trees said...

didn't u hear... ? preggers is the new sexy... !!

er, congrats, by the way...

Barking Up Trees said...

and speaking of whom, would that be charlotte bronte and charles bronson... ?

i didn't know charles bronson wrote books...

Spared said...

Ya well... I had a guy try to hook up with me in a bookstore and decided he could do that by asking me about the "classics"... proceeded to same Ëmily Bronson was his favorite author! Imagine my surprise. Who knew Charles had a sister?