Friday, May 04, 2007

and with it came poetry...

Friday morning at work...

This is a pretty relaxed office, and one can't oversell that benefit. Attire is supposed to be business casual, but the techies push the boundaries and frequently work in jeans, khakis, and, I swear, sweats. But the profit-margin keeps going up, so who am I to button down, eh? (P.S., today I wear red buttoned shirt w/collar and black cord slacks; no sweats.)

Anyhoo, I mention the atmosphere because one of the features in the well-stocked kitchen is the refrigerator magnets; dozens, if not hundreds of individual words jumbled in a swirl on the upper half. Periodically as one awaits the coffee machine to fill one's cup, one may decide to sort a few of these words. I've done it, but today I decided to take the time to write down some of the funnier lines. Some of those are fragments, e.g., "code you"; "forked meat"; "see music here"; "greasy linux bucket"; or "worship dangling nano".

But these are my favorites:
  • gorgeous crash kill s a microsoft geek...
  • dump the FALSE mumble spawn apparatus...
  • egg him like fiddle did...
  • please never swim through the magic caffeine portal...
  • let some next assembler swap...
  • banish zombie sleep after robo- cracker...
  • essential guru in memory...
And a special shout-out to old pal, old buddy Chaatoes:
  • repulsive but programming...
This afternoon, the office has set up a Cinqo de Mayo party with food and -- Yes, by Jesus! -- Margaritas.

I'm there. Still square!

Lovin' the Fridays...

No comments: