Monday, May 28, 2007

barf me...

I could Google it, I suppose, but I don't want to. Suffice it to say I have no idea how this silly tradition of racecar winners swigging a bottle of milk, while receiving accolades on their victory, began.

Supposing here again that after 500 rips around a mile-long oval at speeds exceeding somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of Mach, an experience astronauts-in-training likely do not enjoy, milk has some paliative affect on the brain to reduce remnant cerebral slosh in and around the occipital bun.

After slugging a quart of half & half, say, it'll induce vomiting?

And I'm a brain surgeon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a promotion for milk producers started way before I (and perhaps you) graced the planet.

No cartons either. The milk has to come from a glass bottle (and, presumably, a cow).

Commander Guy

Anonymous said...

BTW, it is only at Indy, after the 500, and with the presentation of the Borg-Warner Trophy.

Commander Guy