Wednesday, April 25, 2007

my money's on vinny...

Brain Williams said this a few weeks ago:
"You're going to be up against people who have an opinion, a modem, and a bathrobe," said Williams. "All of my life, developing credentials to cover my field of work, and now I'm up against a guy named Vinny in an efficiency apartment in the Bronx who hasn't left the efficiency apartment in two years."
Who The F(lip) is Brian Williams? I find myself asking that every other day, and I suspect I'd ask it every day if I watched the NBC Nightly News anymore; imagining Chet Huntley, David Brinkley and John Chancellor in synchronized grave-turning. Which reminds me: add David Halberstam, who was killed in a California auto accident a couple of days ago, to the swim team:
Somewhere in there, gradually, but systematically, there has been an abdication of responsibility within the profession, most particularly in the networks.
This means you, Brian Williams!

By the way, I ain't Vinny and I do step outside once in a while.

You wanna step outside too, Brian Williams?

No comments: