Tuesday, November 07, 2006

billmon again...

I say, he doth speaketh to me:
If, by some fluke, the Democrats were to recapture the White House, they would be well advised to go after the Rovian machine in roughly the same manner that the Russian government went after the old Communist Party after the failed '91 coup. Personally, if it were up to me, I would declare the GOP an illegal organization (as the CPUSSR was) and let honest Republicans go regroup under a new, hopefully non-criminalized brand name -- like, say, the Detox Party.
Of course, we're way ahead of ourselves. If we can't take Congress back tonight, that's it. Game over, man! Revolution would be the only recourse, and I have little faith in the Stepford-American appetite for such.

If Jefferson was having a beer today, he'd be crying in it.

No comments: