Saturday, December 16, 2006

give a monkey a laptop...

Spent a portion at Ch.10 and it was productive taking care of the mail and some bills, but the DVD burner crapped out a third time. The discs are inexpensive but time is indeed money, and so I was mightily annoyed.

I'm not sure what my next step will be, that is once I've finished dubbing the KIA library. VHS is history, just ask the video stores. Even so, my laptop doesn't accept half-inch, hi-8 or three/quarter. And it's all I can do to keep up with the techology or even keep to within 4 or 5 years of it. Everybody sings the praises of "Final Cut," and -- Good Christ! -- there's no reason I can't read the damnable boilerplate and learn to edit with the thing, it's just a matter of sitting down and doing nothing else. And my attention span, y'see... ?

I coulda been a contendah.

But here's what I don't get: Why didn't William Holden leave with the cupcake rather than blow her off and then get his ass shot off by Norma Desmond? And is it me, or didn't Gloria Swanson play it a hair over the top?

But nevermind that, ever have a bottle of wine that tasted foul the first glass but left you wanting more after the last?

The ultimate collector's edition.

1 comment:

Naahm Deplume said...

next time, let it breathe first