Friday, September 30, 2005

End O'The Week

Friday late afternoon. Effectively the end of the week, even if I have a 5-8 shift tomorrow. No matter, hours fly on this gig.

Currently have the soundtrack to Dazed & Confused crankin' on the CD player, the volume causing the walls to undulate while Alice Cooper's School's Out leaves me craving some Maine home-grown. Office stragglers walk by, either amused by my audacity or annoyed by my hubris.

Fuck it!! It's Friday!! Rock on!!

Awesome soundtrack, by the way.

Tonight is Game 1 of the 3-game pre-playoff playoff betwixt the Hose & Pinstripes. Sox down 1 but with Friendly Fenway as venue. Sox need 2 of 3 to force a '78-style playoff, or a sweep to avoid the Monday afternoon mucking up of their pitching staff even further (assuming, of course, they might tary forward into the ALDS), although having said that I'm not entirely clear where the Indians mucking up the numbers plays in. Do they have a 3-way (woohoo!!)? Or does the tribe skate by virtue of being outside the division, thus earning the wild card slot and the winner of "Game 3.5" also win the AL East while the other instantly morphs into shit? I'll leave it to you, dear reader.

Game 1 I'll likely take in at a pub. Game 2 at the Bottom Line on Eye Street, D.C., tomorrow with fellow UMies. Game 3 (if the Sox ain't fragged by then) goes up against the Pats -- or so I think anyway -- and the Chargers. Check your local listings.

That being the case Sunday, Murphy's Pub in Old Town is the ultimate Boston Sports Bar in the area.

Hokay??

S'been a good week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tips & Tweaks: Cool Tools, and a Personal Note
I have a short sidebar in my "Hassle-Free PC" print column called "Tool of the Month." Unfortunately, the column's a monthly, so even though I run across free and low-cost utilities all the time, I can only ...
Hi, I’m new to blogging and I’m trying to figure this thing out! I think my kids were born knowing how to do this thing… but not me! I had no idea there are so many neat sites out there. I’m looking for info on Gold Prospector and landed here just looking around. Would you mind if I add you to my favorites and just drop by every once in a while?