Saturday, September 10, 2005

If You Must Gas Up, Go Citgo!

Somebody wanna tell me why it's a bad idea to nationalize the oil industry? 'Cause I'm lovin' the thought of sticking it to the robber barons.

Was near empty out on the road. Not a problem as I was on my way to the Post Office in Arlington anyway and I knew a Citgo was just off the next exit at Glebe. I held my breath as I pulled in, noticing the low-octane priced at -- Hoooee!! -- $3.29.

A year ago, I could fill up my Saturn for $15. Six months ago it was $20. Today it was $32.86.

Jesus! -- How close to empty was that anyway... ??

My only consolation was thinking about all you SUV & Hummer Guzzler-Fuckers taking it up the chute every eight (8) miles... >wacca< >wacca<... !!

George Carlin said it best: "Whoever coined the phrase 'Caveat Emptor' was probably bleeding from the asshole!"

No comments: