Monday, September 05, 2005

The Sunday That Was A Monday

Pretty much staying away from the news today, it serving primarily to infuriate, I needed solace and so I went out. Almost didn't cut my hair but there's this new job starting tomorrow, and the shag, not nearly as lustrous as in days gone by, needed the shears. And with that thought, the lustre and all, The Bee Gees play on the hard drive.

Jeez... ! I miss the 70s.

The office in Old Town was closed for the holiday, this on a Monday that felt like a Sunday. Spent about an hour piling my effects atop the desk. I removed the contracts and the laptop and repaired to the car. The rest of the stuff I'll get later in the week.

I'll miss these folks. It was a good year and a half.

Tomorrow is another day; Scarlet was right. So here I'm hoping the salary, the health benefits and a 401K means I'll find some stability, or at least a sense thereof. Elusive that. Never had the perks before, having gone by it the hard way - an hourly or a straight commission. Hustling becomes a hassle when you hit 40 and you think you can see the window lowering. Not that we're raging at the dying of the light just yet, thank you very much.

Curious... Transition is so very familiar to me. And it still scares me.

Feh! Better get to the application and W-4s. Today's still Labor Day, and tomorrow is the first day of school.

Well I'll be... The Bangle's Walk Like An Egyptian.

God, I miss the 80s!!

No comments: