Monday, September 12, 2005

Kanye Whaa... ?

Tells you how caught up in the pop-culture I am, I never heard of Kanye West before he connipted over George Bush's disdain for black people. I knew who Howard Dean was, but only because he made a credible and sustained campaign out of unstuffing GOP shirts and with no small amount of delight. Gotta love that shit!

“We must ... come to terms with the ugly truth that skin color, age and economics played a deadly role in who survived and who did not,” Dean said.
I was a little disappointed he didn't punctuate that assessment with a "YEAAAHHH!!" I mean I kinda look for that now and feel cheated when it's withheld. Some consolation though, I said it for him when I read that.

[Sidebar: I was at the Capitol Hill Meet-up the week Dean was elected to the DNC chair. During his glad-handing (not to be confused with gland-handling, or maybe so...) I made the mistake of holding a tape recorder, because when I threw him a question from a crowd of admirers -- "Yo, Howard! Paul Newman vs. Joe Lieberman in '06!! Whaddya think?" -- his answer was a curt "Sorry, no interviews!" Of course the question widened his grin some. (Fuckin' Lieberman!)]

And so now Laura Bush finds any assertion that her Georgie doesn't like black people as >Yawwwwn!< "disgusting." You'd think she'd at least show a little disgust for marrying the prick.

Personally, I thought West's comment to be overly precise. George Bush doesn't care about people! What color they are is immaterial.

No comments: