Saturday, January 21, 2006

Molly Ivins Rocks... !

I have long loved Molly Ivins, after reading two of her books -- Molly Ivins Can't Say That, Can She? and You Got to Dance With Them What Brung You -- but time and internet media saturation divereted me to other loves for a while. But I thought I'd check out her latest column as she hits on a favorite note:
I'd like to make it clear to the people who run the Democratic Party that I will not support Hillary Clinton for president.

Enough. Enough triangulation, calculation and equivocation. Enough clever straddling, enough not offending anyone. This is not a Dick Morris election. Sen. Clinton is apparently incapable of taking a clear stand on the war in Iraq, and that alone is enough to disqualify her. Her failure to speak out on Terri Schiavo, not to mention that gross pandering on flag-burning, are just contemptible little dodges.
I've said it before, Hillary's mis-timing her pro-forma run to the middle. The progressive base has to nominate her first, and her DLC-lovin' ways just ain't gonna cut it this day & age. This is why taking Joe Lieberman down this election cycle in the Dem primary is paramount. We want... no, need Dems who are spoiling for a fight with the corrupt facists running America today. If Lieberman tanks in Connecticut, d'be best you dump all your DLC stock.

Meanwhile, bringin' you back, Molly!

No comments: