Sunday, January 08, 2006

Suffering The Arbitrary Advertisement

Rush Limbaugh, that smarmy, self-indulgent fuck, has taken to advertising on my blog. I filtered the thing, but apparently there's no rush on Adsense's part to accommodate. All of which reminds me of a disagreement I had once with a true-believer, who fancied himself one of Rush's dittoheads.

"You know what 'ditto' means, dittohead?" I asked, barely containing my loathing sarcasm. His look was of disinterest but also resignation at being told "Me too!" I said it, perhaps, a little mawkishly.

"Me too! Oh, me toooo! You go, Rush!"

Okay, I was dripping contempt. And it worked, he was instantly annoyed.

"20 million Americans listen to Rush everyday," he intoned dustilly, it having travelled long down his nose.

"Uh huh!" I replied, "20 million 18-24 year-old pimply white knuckle-dragging Americans who'll never get laid! And meanwhile there are the other 275 million Americans who don't listen to Rush everyday."

"Heyyy, I gotta use that!" Another guy walked up. He was grinning as he looked at me.

I grinned back then turned to the dittohead. "You see? 2 to 1 right here."

The dittohead said nothing and walked away.

1 comment:

Naahm Deplume said...

Hope that wasn't me you were referring to? I think I would have given you a better argument than that.