Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday Drift

Winding it down. I'd like another day off as one seems insufficient. Feeling self-centric at the moment as the business of the world at hand depresses the living shit outta me. Dems bending over and grabbing their ankles is no way to run an opposition party...

No, no... ! Run away run away... !

So anyway, you know how when you rent a movie you pick one you thought you wanted to see but when you get home you get caught up in the reruns of Law'n Order and before you know it, it's beddy bye? Do that for a coupla nights straight and your rental is due back. Well thank the gah'ds Blockbuster liberalized their return policy (Hear that, Republicans? They went liberal!!), and so my rental of March of the Penguins sat on my table for three weeks; half-way thru I was allowed to rent others, like Crash (excellent!), Saving Face (charming), and Serenity (fuckin' awesome!). The cash-out fellah noted I still had Penguins, which he suggested I could opt to purchase for $9.95 or return at a $1.50 late charge, which I didn't have to pay then -- like, hey cool!

It didn't go unnoted by me he didn't mention Network, which I had rented at the same time as March of the Penguins. Maybe because it was in their older movie section, i.e., not 2-day or 1-week return mandated, or maybe it was a computer, or brain, glitch. Whatever the case, maybe I could just assume there's no penalty for a verrrry late return, heh! Yeaaahh, that's it!

So I finally watched March of the Penguins last night. Simply put, it was astounding, which, of course is one of the word-blurbs right on the cover. No hype that "astounding," as it was indeed astounding!! Incredibly spartan existences these birds live, and yet they hold a profound sense of duty and family. It touches the soul.

Haven't seen it? Do.

That is all.

No comments: